Sunday, March 31. 2019

I had not posted since March 19...that is too long.  I have not written much  - I have been writing some witty sayings for a business consulting campaign I am going to launch on linkedin.  however, that does not excuse me from depriving my readers of my blog postings.

so....I got my blood test back and I my number was good - about at pre-cancer level.  I have one thing I want to check out, due to being like every other cancer patient and self diagnosing from the internet.  But I imagine I am as healthy as an overweight 60 yr old can be.

I had lunch with a friend in Deerfield beach yesterday.  I played ball against Al for years - since I was the guy closest in size to Al, I got to cover him.  every week.  He played bball in college, and is much larger than I, and was a much better player than I ever was.  My game was to stay about 12 ft from the hoop and shoot...his game was to destroy from the lane.   I always had to cover him, which was not fun...no glory in that.  but, it has been 10 yrs since we butted heads.  we met for lunch, had 2 dozen oysters, had lunch and had a wonderful time.  I kind of know what the old vfw guys felt when they would get together years after their service.  when a bud walks in a restaurant, and you hug, that is real.  if you have not done that, find a reason to do that.  at our age, it means something.

so, to answer the question you did not ask, yes...Florida is very nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29