Sunday. Will this winter ever end?

I woke up to 6 inches of snow. I remember the year I lived in Iowa the farmers said if there was snow on the ground the first day of March, there would be snow on the ground the last day of March. With the nice weather we had earlier this month, that seemed to be a longshot. Not now.

I played basketball with the old bunch at the health club this morning. When my job looked iffy last summer, I didn't renew my membership. Then I was able to transfer my wifes time to me. So, I went today for the first time since September. The guys that knew me asked how the search was going and were glad for me. A guy there had been laid off, and another told me of 2 friends recently let go from their jobs. So rampant these days. Obviously, I am relieved to be working, but the continued bad news from others is a bummer.

I missed posting for a few days. It is nice to be very busy. Toward the end of my downtime, I spent maybe 2 hours a day searching and the rest of the time trying to stay busy. Now I work a long day and play catch up when I get home.

There's an old saying that once you find a job, it is time to start a search for a new job. Not for awhile. It gives me great pleasure to delete my email alerts from Careerbuilder, Hotjobs, and Monster without even opening them. Each of them was another opportunity for frustration. I'd open them, scan for possibilities, send resumes for ones whether I was qualified or not. just to tell myself I was really searching hard. I've said it before - I really don't know what else I could have done in my search to have made it more effective. In the end, it was a matter of luck and fate I suppose.

well, have a good Sunday. a few good college bball games on today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29