Monday, March 4, 2019

I have now been in south Florida for about 6 weeks, and I have figured out a subculture I am  part of. I have taken my mom to some doctor's appointments since I have been here.  There's a certain pecking order in the waiting room.

The old pride themselves on being old...their kids shuffle them into the waiting room.  A dude as big and imposing as I shakes up the whole waiting room thing.  (just kidding but not kidding)
I heard a guy today (an annoying old new jersey guy) keep saying at the receptionist "I am 92..I don't hear ya".  I saw his son...a doughy nondescript schmo in the corner....clearly he had no interest in helping his dad.  I may be wrong, but I am new to this whole waiting room etiquette.

but it occurred to me....my mom is 97.  She has the age title and I am a big buff dude.  Get out of our way.  Me and my mom own that waiting room, bitches.

I will make it in south Florida, I just know I will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29