April 15, 2018

It's Sunday night and I am watching a movie.  I remember in years past having anxiety about going to work on Monday, because ...well, I don't know why....maybe a shitty boss, shitty company, shitty job...whatever.  Now - I could give a crap.  I will watch Gladiator (a movie I have seen a dozen times), watch the news, and go to bed.  I won't spend more time thinking about work than I did in the sentence above.

 Because I just don't give a crap.  I will work hard and do my best, which I do every day - that is my own personal standard.  But I am not paid to care.  after all, (as you know from signing a document when you start work) Illinois is an at will state, and you can be terminated at any time.  Well, I can quit caring at any time too.  Which I have done.  Because we are conditioned to be that way.

and, of course, caring is the first step toward being frustrated and angry.  which I cannot do, since tomorrow is scheduled to be the best day of my life.  and it will be.  because I will not ruin it by caring about a job that does not care about me.

See how easy that is?  I should write a book....oh that's right - I am.  although I think the professional library series I have in mind would not sell to well to the big companies I would need to sell to.

ok folks - make it a good week.  and if it is not the best week of your life, shame on you.  it is probably because you care too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29