Thursday, Jan 23, 2014

my week off is in the home stretch.  sitting here while Stanley Steemer is cleaning the carpets.   all the great things you can do when you are home that you wouldn't be able to do if you were at work.  but - it is a change, and I needed a change.

every month or so, I go to the drive through at white castle and get 4 sliders.  that is about as many of those things as I can stand.  so yesterday afternoon I went to the health club, and decided to go to white castle.  I had a coupon in my console for buy 5, get 5 free.  So, instead of my usual 4, I ate 10 sliders.  note to self - don't ever eat 10 sliders again.  that is about 6 more than you should ever have.  but - now that scratch has been itched....been there, done that - I will avoid that place for the next year or so before I punish myself with 4 sliders.  I have the same love/hate relationship with big macs.  about once a year I have 2 big macs, and the subsequent destruction of my digestive system reminds me to not do that anymore.

still brutally cold.  at best I will go to the health club for a workout and steam.  funny thing - having time off between jobs, I have had 3 calls this week about job openings.  maybe that is a sign things in the market are picking up a bit.  5 years ago, I would have done anything to get an unsolicited call about a job opening.  and I got exactly zero in the six months I was off.

oh well, sayeth the archivist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29