Friday, Jan 17, 2014

a day off between jobs.  time to leave the past behind and look forward.  I remember my first job out of college (1980) meeting so many people that had 25+ years service.  then the next job at IBM - same thing - so many people working there with decades of service.  then in the late 80s everything changed.  roll ups, spin offs...changing jobs every few years....thinking back, the number of years I have spent at each stop in my career has been:
5 yrs
11 yrs
2 yrs
5 yrs
1 yr
2 yrs
2 yrs
1 yr
5 yrs

some jobs I left, some i left right before the business closed or layoffs happened.  once I got laid off.  back in the day job hopping like this was not seen.  now it is the expectation.  or at least for me it is.  but the thing that never changes is that one person is responsible for you - and that is you.  in my case, it involves changing jobs every so often.  maybe the next job will be the one i get rich and retire from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29