Thursday, May 16

beautiful day today.  not enough days like this in a year.

I see the Office series finale is on tonight.  Kind of like if someone told you a restaurant that you used to go to all the time was closing.  and you realize you hadn't been there in years.  a once very popular show now going off the air.  besides family guy, I really don't go out of my way to watch too many shows.  and survivor.  and the ultimate fighter.  and a bunch of shows on Discovery. 

a job....good to have a job.  a job keeps you from sitting home writing a blog about not having a job.  but a job is just a job.  the company I work for makes noise about winning the best place to work award.  but it is just a place to work.  not sure who is fooled into thinking the company actually gives a crap about them.  my department is the lowest paid in the company.  i make significantly less than the other people at my level.  they schedule the Xmas party while my guys have to work.  they let every dept but my guys go home when the weather turns bad.  they let tech staff work from home 2 days a week...not my guys....best places to work?  hardly - and least for one department it is not.    such a pervasive attitude spreads when a company grows.  employees become tools for growth.  replaceable.  not adequate.  not as good as the person they don't have.  so, higher priced people are brought in to make money on the efforts of those that preceeded them and did the heavy lifting.  but that has been the way it has always been, I suppose.  I have done the same at some point in my career, no doubt.

but, a job is a job.  always good to have a job.  working hard is never a problem for me.  since the department did not win the big lottery last night, we will appreciate the fact that we all have jobs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29