Monday, March 25

we're in the home stretch of March.  just feels like January.  and I am off this week and can enjoy this shit weather.  but, good to be off.  maybe I will clean out the garage.  I was at the heath club at 7 am today, so that is a start.  didn't do much when I was there, but I was there. 

if you haven't seen "Alone in the Wilderness" I highly recommed it.  a guy that spent years alone in the wilderness, dropped trees, made logs, built a cabin, and lived up in Alaska for decades.  watch it - it is a fascinating film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

so on Saturday, I was going to use 8 landscape timbers I had, cut 2 in half (with a power saw) and make a planter box, just in case it ever warms up I can plant the pumpkin seeds to be dug up by squirrels.  but anyway, after cutting 2 timbers, drilling a few holes, and screwing the now 8 pieces of wood together, I was ready to take a break.  watch the film and see what this guy gets done. 

anyway, day one of vacation.  8:27 am.  what to do?  can't golf, ride my bike or anything outside.  maybe do nothing.  as a wise man wrote a few weeks ago, "WHY TRY?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29