December 23, 2011

Three years...in the scheme of things, not a really long time, but it is 3 years...

I looked back to the beginning of this blog, and I started writing Dec 17, 2008.  Three years ago.  Many words, many foul moods ago...I had been unemployed for over 3 months, and would have 3 more months before getting a job.  What has changed in that time?  the economy sucks worse now that it did then.  Neighbors that had jobs when I did not are now unemployed.  Housing values are down.  my 401k is 30% less than it was then.  the national debt is up.  the Illinois pension problem is spiraling out of control with no sign of getting fixed.  the state income tax is 66% more than it was then.  the cost of tolls on the Illinois tollway is soon to go up by 90%.  one crooked Illinois governor is in jail, and another is in office.  we watched one failure of a president leave office, and a colossal failure of epic proportions take office and ruin the country.

in other words, we are swirling lower in the toilet than we were 3 years ago.   and with that, I wish you all a Merry Christmas. 

Comments

  1. As Tiny Tim said , "God Bless Us - Every One!"
    It's been a long, strange road, my friend. May the coming year bring new hope to us all.

    Kazz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29