Monday, August 29

Can we be at the end of August already?  We played golf on Saturday - we had the first tee time at 6:17 and it was barely sunrise.  The first time now moves ahead 8 minutes a week.  the days are shortening noticibly.  We'll be raking leaves soon, and shoveling snow too soon.

I guess I am really old - all that MTV VMA awards hoopla is lost on me...much like the Beatles arrival in the 60s, the Stones heyday in the 70s, the heavy metal AC/DC type music that was popular in the 80s...all the 50 year olds shook their heads at that noise...like I do now.  Way back when, I sold T shirts at the Rosemont Horizon from the time it opened in 1980 to sometime after 2000.  When I was in my 20s, it was really funny to see someone whose head was busted open, or someone so whacked out they couldn't walk straight...in my 30s it was not funny anymore, and in my 40s it made me worry about the future of the county.  like I said, I am at that age.  Like the Dana Carvey, angry old man character that we used to find amusing on SNL.

appropos of nothing, I was at Wal Mart yesterday.  I buy a lot of shower gel for my son and I.  they started with shower soap....then they came oput with shower gel/shampoo in one....now they have shower gel/shampoo/shave gel all in one.....I am hoping soon they have shower gel/shampoo/shave gel/toothpaste/drain cleaner all in one.. then we will really have convenience.  that is what life is all about.

have a good Monday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29