Tuesday, March 8

Monday got away from me and I did not post.  I have been writing to this blog most days - I guess I was busy, or I had no original ideas to rant about.  But I am back...so, to my 2 or 3 readers, fear not....
There was a story in today's papers that the state is considering taxing pensions....not social security, or smaller persions...but those over $100 grand per year...and that tax may raise $1.6 billion per year.....
makes perfect sense...let's look at the detail...
The amount of unfunded state penions = $78 billion
The amount this tax will raise = $1.6 billion
I guess in our politicians minds, when faced with a $78 billion shortfall, the first $1.6 billion is the toughest ground to gain back. 
and as taxpayers, we should demand to see a list of those state pensions at this taxable level.  The bottom line is that  Seniors, who are going to be paying this tax, have already had cuts to medicare, housing assistance (while their property taxes have skyrocketed), free transit rides, etc....
AND YET NO DIALOG ABOUT REDUCING THESE UNSUSTANIABLE PENSION PAYOUTS.
as always, makes no sense...but this is Illinois, the most poorly run state in the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29