Sunday, March 13

Day 1 of the time change.  It will be nice to have it lighter later in the day.  Yesterday, I rode my bike.  Seemed like a good idea, but I was about 5 miles from home when I realized that not wearing gloves was not a good idea.  My hands were really painful when I got home.  Felt good to ride for the first time in months though.
Watching the Blackhawks game on tv.  A team that started in October, played through the winter, and is now in the home strech of their season in March.  Then the playoffs start in late March (early April?) and go until late June.  I guess a sport that charges what they do for tickets has to play that many games.  But every professional sport is like that.  Even if someone gives you tickets, it is still a $200 outing to go to any game these days.  But nothing is this life is free, I guess.  Nothing.  and everything costs more every day.
I have mixed feelings about the Japan situation.  On one hand, no country should have to endure that disaster and subsequent re-build, but, programs like Whale Wars and The Cove portray the Japanese in a less than stellar light.  But again, no one should have to go through that, even if they violate whaling treaties. 
so, we lost an hour.  that is an hour I planned to waste anyway.
happy Sunday, and day 1 of standard time (not daylight saving time, correct???)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29