Monday, Feb. 28

Here we are - the last day of February.  and we woke up to everything coated in ice.  I couldn't even scrape my windshield, it was so thick.  Good riddance to February and its snowfall record.
My son left his facebook account open on the home computer.  I was looking at all the postings on his home page, most from kids from school.  their world is so innocent and uncomplicated.  I look at what I am posting on a daily basis on this blog - all my gloom and doom stories.  My negative opinions about our elected officials.  My prediction of a world war based on debt....Contrast that with what a high schooler considers important....calling each other gay, professing their love or contempt for each other, trash talking...Such a simpler time.  And since my son always seems infinitely happier than I, I believe therein lies a lesson.  but, when you get to 52 yrs old, I guess we get conditioned to look at the negative side of everything, as that always seems to be the most likely outcome of everything. 
or is it just me???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29