Monday, Sept 13

Monday - back to work, and a beautiful day. Fall is about here - sun comes up much later in the am, and it gets dark ealier. As I posted earlier, it is now 2 years since I was laid off. Hard to believe how quickly 2 years can pass by. I am now 52 yrs old. Middle age, I guess. I got the statement from the investment advisor I recently moved to, and I haven't got enough for one year of retirement, let alone an extended period. Like almost everyone, I lost about 30% of my 401k when the marked tanked - the month after I got laid off. When it rains it pours. Speaking or rain, my son's football game was played in a pretty good rainstorm on Saturday. By season's end, they will be playing in cold weather. It makes me proud to see my son try so hard at something. He really takes it seriously.
I was dropping off my entry fee for a football pool and asked the friend who runs the pool about his job - his response was that he had just been laid off. My neighbor across the street has been off a few months too. I am sure we all know far too many folks in that situation. I was off for about 6 months - and it seems like the time is even longer for job seekers these days. I wish them all luck.
so - have a good Monday, all.
D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29