Sunday - Feb 22

I went to a party Friday night to celebrate the graduation of my wife's friend's son from the fire academy. It was startling how quickly the subject of everyone's job situation came up. Those that have jobs feel like they can lose them at any time. I was not the only downsized person in attendance. Some commented how they hated their jobs, but were just lucky to have a job at this point. A collective malaise has come over America. I guess the benefit of being unemployed is that you are not waiting the indignity of getting laid off - we have already cleared that hurdle, and the anger, etc. The husband of my wife's friend was talking about a neighbor that had been downsized 4 times and each time had taken a job of less stature than the one he had before. None of this is isolated to one area, or one industry. It sucks everywhere.

oh well - it is a slow Sunday. I have my son's bball game to look forward to.
As Mike Ditka so famously said: "this too shall pass". ......that Ditka - what a genius.

have a great day, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29