Thursday - I think a few days slipped by

I have been meaning to post the last few days, but not being home much and trying to catch up at night has put a crimp in my posting. When you are working, your system is structured, and you implicitly know how to budget your time to get everything done. Having been off for 4 months, my organizations skills are not what they were - once I get home from work, I haven't been able to get much done at night. but, I am learning to crawl, then walk, then run, then fly.
the project is going well. the company is small but successful, and I should be able to give them capacity for more. at any rate, it is refreshing to be in a professional environment for 10 hours each day. beats the heck out of sitting on the computer listening to sports radio all day. being back at work and engaged gets me thinking about next steps - and I had lost that view. on the ride home, a friend called me to talk about some business ideas he had. so, it is refreshing to have a conversation with someone who wants an educated opinion for a change. as opposed to trying to say all the right things on a phone interview. such is life.....

so, much to be happy about. even if this is a short term gig, it validates that I have skills to offer, and that those skills can be used by an organization to further their mission. the frustrations of the job search, and the feelings of not fitting anywhere can just sit on the sidelines for awhile.

tomorrow is Friday. and I am actually going to enjoy the weekend for the first time in awhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29