Tuesday, May 17, 2022

 and so it goes....

I went to the par 3 golf course today with the intent to walk the 1.3 mile trail around it.  after getting there, I realized I would rather practice putting on the practice green, which I did, and failed miserably.  It's a tough green to putt.

as I headed back to my car with putter in hand, a guy putting his clubs back in is trunk says "that's a tough green to putt, huh?

I stopped to talk golf, and see he has a Buffalo Grove HS shirt on....and I have a BGHS  shirt on (I'm slumming today).  So we talk golf, and I say "nice shirt" ...and he asks what my connection is to BGHS.  I tell him my kids went there and Dave played bball..and he says he is a gym coach and remembers Dave. Nice to hear he remembered Dave for the right reasons.   I texted this to Dave about meeting him, and Dave responded he was a good coach and very motivational.  it was cool to meet a random dude in the parking lot of a golf course on a nice spring day.  randomly.  there is plenty of cool shit out there if you scratch the dirt a little bit. 

Cool things happen. 

 back at ya, bitches. 

it's a small world.  never forget that

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29