December 23, 2020

 Christmas Eve Eve.  It's hard to believe 2020 is drawing to a close, although since the lockdown in March, calendar dates have become meaningless.  

But, it is Christmas week, and all the regular hosts on the radio and on Fox News are on vacation.  For the working folks, the holidays fall on Thursday and Friday, so that is good for them, assuming they are off.  

I got 6 Christmas cards this year, and appreciated them; it's always nice to be thought of.  And of those 6 cards, 4 featured a picture of the family dog.  Being a dog person, I like that.  

Looking back, it was 2 yrs ago that I had the radiation procedure for prostate cancer.  Then I went to Florida in January.  Time does fly.  I have been back from Florida for 15 months.  The lockdown has lasted over 9 months...when you look at it, you realize time really is fleeting, so enjoy each day even if you spend it watching bad movies.  speaking of which.....  

I watched the new George Clooney movie, Midnight Sky today.  Skip it.  Not very good.  The new Mel Gibson movie, Fatman, wasn't bad.  Queen's Gambit on Netflix is very good.  


and lastly, I was in the checkout line today and the checker and bagger were speaking Spanish.  I said one of the few lines I remember from high school Spanish "En Engles por favor".  They got a kick out of it.  I am a man who crosses all cultural lines.  As I was leaving, one said "Feliz Navidad" to which I replied "y tu tambien" (and you also).  That bit of knowledge was locked away in my brain since 1972.  somehow those brain cells have avoided Armageddon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29