Sunday, Dec 29, 2109

I haven't posted for 3 weeks...and not because I have been busy.  I have been lazy.  I will have to change that.  In 2020, I resolve to be more active...to walk each night...to watch less tv.

as 2019 draws to an end, I look back at the year...it was a good year.  Good to spend time in Florida with my mom and family there.  The weather was nice.  And it has been nice to be back in Illinois.  I still need to find a job, as my contract gig will end soon.  And I will.

I watched very little of the Hallmark Christmas movies this year.  I have seen a few movies on cable, not much to speak of.  Me and my son will go to the movies soon - if anything good comes out.

I did get an email from our Canadian outfitter.  Their annual Christmas email, however, this year he said they are selling the business.  It's too bad because they do a great job.  We have been with 4 outfitters since 1982, and he is far and away the best.  Anyway, I emailed him to congratulate him on retiring.  He responded that he is 70, and that the fly in fishing business is dying..that his clients are literally dying.  He said selling a fly in business can take 10 years and he does not want to do this when he is 80.  What looks like a fun business is no different from the drudgery we all do on a daily basis.

so - make the last week of 2019 a good one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29