Tuesday, Sept 18, 2018

still no action on the job search.   but when I started writing this blog 10 yrs ago, I was much more frustrated, anxiety ridden, etc.  Maybe it's age, but there is nothing to be gained by obsessing about something we can't control.  I would rather be working, but I can't hire myself.  and so I will keep searching. 

the weather cooled off nicely today, but supposed to be very hot on Thursday.  and too soon the hot weather will be a distant memory.  although fall is a very nice season.  It's what follows that I can't stand. 

Just had a phone interview.  The first step of the process.  or the last step in most cases when you don't hear back.  so much has changed in the hiring process.  used to be you mailed a resume and either got a call for an interview or a rejection letter.  no more...you apply and apply and once in awhile get a request for a phone interview.  and then get ghosted.  and we, as job searchers, have been conditioned to accept that is how it is done these days.  and so we play by those new rules. 

anyway, I believe the new season of Survivor starts next Wednesday which is good since there are only 3 episodes of Better Call Saul left in this season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29