Friday, Sept 7, 2018

Looks like summer is starting to transition to fall.  On Wednesday my friend and I golfed and it was a hot sweaty affair.  Today it is gray and chilly.   The cool nights will start the leaves changing color.  But fall is a lovely season.  It's what comes after that sucks. 

Going to scale back on golf.  COBRA insurance is very expensive.  and at 60 yrs old, very necessary.  So will take a break on the weekly round of golf.  I suppose that means spending some of that 4 hours at the health club.  The guy that works the front desk knows me now and says "see you tomorrow" as I leave each day.  so there's a good habit to be in.  Now I just have to do something while I am there.  sitting in the steam room is not developing the bulging biceps I had hoped for. 

No big plans for the weekend, but I seldom have any.  When I was younger, I was always so burned out from the week of work and commuting that I really didn't want to do much.  Now that I am not burned out from work or commuting, I really don't want to do much.  puzzling. 

so - no clever thoughts today.  I still need to move on my illustrations. 

back when I started writing this blog in 2008, I met another professional that was between jobs.  We chatted, compared notes about the tough job search and went on our respective ways.  The other day, I saw his update on linkedin that he was in the job market so I messaged him and we are going to talk next week. 

soooo...Friday at 6pm.  Happy hour for some.  Me...a glass of wine and hopefully find something watchable on tv. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29