Monday, Feb 12, 2018 post 1001

the start of my second 1000 posts....I think I ran out of original thought with the first 1000 witty, well-informed kernels of wisdom.  well, maybe not.  since there wasn't much wit on display, I should have a good amount of wit for the next 1000 posts. 

and as for another 10 years....lord only knows what the next 10 years will bring.  Hopefully good things....but at a minimum, the years will bring life.  and life beats the alternative. 

Back in the 70s, there was a guitar god named Robin Trower (Lady Love, Day of the Eagle) that played tunes that were cranked up at drunken dorm parties.  I looked him up on youtube and saw a recent video of him talking guitar talk.  Yesterday's guitar gods have become old men....and we aren't far behind.  any of the musicians that were hot in the late 70s are old men now...Jimmy Page, Bob Dylan...and of course there are too many that are not with us anymore. 

the links below are from an old concert, and recent.

as I get older, or talk about things I did 10 yrs ago, I am fascinated by the whole aging thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivyg-Cgcfps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JkxrWFa2cQ&t=198s


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29