Jan 4, 2018

I am sick of winter, and we have quite a bit of winter yet to enjoy.  Happens every year.  And one of these years I hope to spend a winter in a warm climate.  No reason I can't, so like so many other things, it is up to me. 

I had dinner with my son tonight.  It was good to see him and talk.  I was impressed by his questions, not prying but legit.  The conversation was somewhat guarded, but it was a first step.  I hope there are more steps in the future.  Relationships between a parent and their children are the collateral damage of the divorce.  You would expect a certain amount of acrimony between the divorcing couple, but when the kids pile on or take sides, it is a bit too much.  When the kids are older, their opinions are stronger as is the emotion. 

But, that is how it is.  I suppose it is a process that some of us will work through, and others may choose not to.  Life is too short to carry anger and hurt.   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29