Jan 16, 2018

Back to work Tuesday.  But, it is good to have work to go to.  For now, anyway...one never knows.

Spoke to my son yesterday.  He is in Washington DC for an internship.   Sounds excitinng.  I am going to try to visit him before he is done in April.

As part of getting ready to move, I have come in contact with folks with utilities, insurance, cable, etc.  I have also connected/reconnected with friends in our normal cycle of contact.  It is not unusual for a friend or contact to share that they know exactly what I am going through...they have experienced the same types of relationship issues in their marriage and lacking the one big blowup, they remain married.  Like with most things, the seeds were sown long ago...just took 34 yrs to germinate.  I wonder if any of my friends or contacts will go the divorce route, or will they continue to march on in their twilight years.  Obviously, I hope it is the latter, but to hear people talk of their own experience, it's clear the thought does cross most people's minds.

 I guess I was not good at being married (as I have been told).  I was married for 34 yrs, but not good at it, apparently.  I guess those 2 days of pre-cana (the class the church made you go to before you got married in church) did not adequately prepare me for a long term marriage.  A couple more days of instruction by the church and I may have made it.

I remember when Phil Jackson dumped his wife to shack up with the owner of the Lakers.  Phil said the body replaces all its cells every 6 yrs, so technically we are all different people every 6 yrs.  And we thought Phil just knew the triangle offense....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29