Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014

onward...the new job starts today.  It will be a bit different - after 5 years of a very short commute, this one will be a little longer, but still manageable.  New job, new faces, new names....too many new things for my sieve of a brain to remember. 

But - time for a change.  New challenges, new accomplishments to make.  As my career has progressed, I realized I am good at building...at helping an organization evolve to meet its objectives.  Some places I have worked have been open to change, some not so much.  The degree of success that a change agent has is directly related to the willingness of an organization to change itself.  therein lies the challenge.  but - whose job is easy these days anyway?  no one that I know has an easy job. 

and so with that - onward.  who knows where this job will lead. 

as I sit here typing, it is minus 10 degrees outside... my thoughts turn to my fishing trips in Canada...when fishing a new lake, you leave the dock and drive the boat into waters that are new to you.  you explore islands, bays, rivers.....you never know what you will find unless you take the time to drive the boat to these new places.  you can fish the same spot all week, or you can see what mysteries the lake holds....most intrepid outdoorsmen can't rest until they have explored all this new lake has to offer.

Time for me to fire up the boat and check out this new lake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29