Tuesday, Jan 21, 2014

another cold, snowy day.  but, it is January after all.

It occurred to me the last time I was home with my son on MLK day was when I was between jobs in 2009.  we spent that day doing a science project that involved building a bridge out of sticks and measuring the weight that different bridge designs would support.  that was 5 years ago.  today I will be taking his jeep for its emission test.  so much changes in a 5 year time window.  back then I was 50 yrs old, now I am 55.  and in 5 yrs, I will be 60.  simple math, yes....but it boggles the mind.  sounds so odd to talk about 60 being on the horizon.  Dave will start college in the fall, and that phase of his life will start.

the benefit of maintaining a blog like this is to go back, way back, and see what I was doing then.  and now.  wait...not much changed except that I am 5 years older.  Five years....how many 5 year blocks of life do we get?  not enough - that is becoming clearer all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29