Thursday, November 21, 2013

with all the excitement this week of........wait...with how busy I was this week doing....wait.....
I forgot to write of a story that I was actually very proud of...and validates some of the guidance I have tried to give my son...

on Monday night, the basketball coaches came over to talk. they are meeting with all the parents of the senior players since the season is starting.  they talked about how well he is doing, and how hard he works, and that he is a leader.  and the coach said that as a freshman, he barely made the team and  is now starting as a senior.  the coach said he tells the freshman players about Dave to inspire them to work hard.  I was so proud of him, and how hard he has worked to make himself a player.  it is no doubt due largely to the fact that I coached him from 2nd to 8th grade, right?  and, I had a much better shot than he does....because, remember - the older I get, the better I used to be.

i know i am full of bluster and bs...but when you hear someone talk so favorably about your son or daughter, you cannot help but think that you did that one thing right....

and I believe I had something to do with that.  the basketball part, anyway.  most of the good attributes he has are from his mom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29