Saturday, Feb. 26, 2011

Went to the grocery store, WalMart, and the gas station ($3.55/gal).  I am now $200 lighter than I was when I woke up today.  I remember in 2008, a week after I got laid off, Katrina hit.  My son and I were driving to his football game and gas was $3.75/gal.  About 2 hours later, gas at the same station was $4.27/gallon.  The  same gas had been increased by over 50 cents per gallon in a 2 hour period.  These days, unrest in Libya, a country that supplies 7/10 of one percent of our oil has caused the price at the pump to increase by a quarter per gallon.  Is there any wonder the oil companies are getting filthy rich by screwing us over?
The state budget crisis (you thought I would mention that Illinois is the most poorly run state in the country, didn't you?) continues to get significant press....funding to programs being cut, extracurricular programs being eliminated....but no cuts to the $80 billion pension commitment.  Let's continue to penalize students so our hogs can stay overfed.  I saw that Rich Daley will retire with a $300 thou per year pension....and will get $50 grand for giving speaches....and that number won't be deducted from his pension.
move over...the hogs want to eat again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29