It was just a year ago..........

A year ago was the date I got let go. I suppose I was on the front edge of the massive layoffs that were to follow. I know a few people that were let go around the time that I was that are still looking. Things are not getting better at all.

I have spent a lot of time in the 6 months I have been re-employed getting ready for the next time I am unemployed, which I hope never happens again. That was the first time I had ever been let go, and while I saw it coming, nothing can prepare you for the frustrations and depression you will face as you do the job search.

I guess I am about written out on the topic of being unemployed. I got so many comments from others, it encouraged me that there were/are plenty of good people that through no fault of their own found themselves jobless. Living on unemployment, thinking the worst, dreading the holidays, feeling like a failure. During my time off, I found that I do enjoy writing, and reading some of my posts makes it looks like I can put a sentence together. Not sure if I should re-title the blog, or just drop it. at any rate, for those seeking jobs, keep at it - you never know if today is the day. for those that have jobs, bust your ass, because you never know how the decision on who to keep or let go is being made, or by whom.

the main thing is to live your life to the fullest. the sun eventually will brighten even the darkest of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29