Thursday, August 27

Seems like we're marching right into fall. It gets dark at 7:30 or so now. The fall weather is the nicest time of the year, but the winter is by far the lousiest.

I continue to watch my contacts on LinkedIn, and still see people I know getting let go and seeking opportunity. Knowing these folks are quality people, I can see that this economy is a long way from recovery. When I see a colleague has been cut, I cringe, as I know the road they are probably about to embark upon. I usually reach out with a note, and offer what help I can. the lesson here is to keep active with your network at all times - join clubs on LinkedIn, or other networking sites. Unfortunately none of us are secure beyond our last paycheck.

At the end of the day, it's just a job, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29