Monday, August 10

A week and a half since I last posted. funny how time flies when you are working. never enough time to get it all done. I had lunch today with a friend that was downsized not long after I was. Again the topic comes up about the complete lack of professional courtesy in the job search. You spend time getting ready, going to the interview, putting your best foot forward, and usually leave the interview with high hopes only to never hear a word back either way. absolutely no way to treat a person who is looking for a break.

Back in January, I went to a party and told my tale of being downsized, of the search, etc. I went to a party Saturday night, and the song is the same, it's just different people who are apprehensive about their situation, or who the axe has fallen on. such a lousy time.

but, on the bright side, my son has started football practice, and last football season was one of the bright spots in an otherwise crappy time for me.

if there are folks reading this that are unemployed, I do know how frustrating and unfulfilling this time is. But, it WILL change. this is only temporary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29