Tuesday. Will Spring ever Spring?

Still way too cold and rainy. We are overdue for some nice weather.

I was talking to a colleague that got let go a few weeks before I did, and is still on the search. He has been networking with high-level execs, and just can't land. Knowing some very high quality people that can't find appropriate gigs is so telling - at this point there are nowhere near enough good jobs for those that are qualified to do them. In my own case, I took a step back (from VP to Senior Manager) but I must admit, it is refreshing. I now manage 12 people instead of over 100. I am being looked to as an implementer of structure and process. so, the role is a good one for me at this point in my career. Future prosperity will provide opportunities to get back on the treadmill, so I will make the best of this opportunity while I have it. My point here is be open to anything. It is so much healthier to be busy, to be mentally engaged, to feel you have purpose. So, if you should find an opportunity that is not up to your expectations, grab it and make the best of it. Although I am reasonably certain you are already doing that. But, take it from someone who has done it - it is a good first step back. I had heard the concern from several organizations I interviewed with that I was too senior level for the job I was going for. In this case, I am showing them they got a good bargain.

In my quest to make an impact here, I have been on a string of 12 hour days. It is tiring, but I am getting up to speed pretty quick (I am in a production environment) and have figured out what's what, and who's who. So, when the manager of the dept gets back, I will feel pretty confident with the recommendations I will make.

so, have a good Tuesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29