Monday night - Bball 2 days in a row

Just got back from playing basketball tonight. Funny how in years past there was so little talk of the economy in a gym environment. Now you hear how bad it is at one place, how someone's business is very slow, how the guy that specializes in short sales on houses has a ton of business. I feel like I am on the "other side" now. The side that I was envious just last month. But that apprehension about job security will not leave me for a long, long time. It is so nice to talk with the family about possible vacation destinations for the summer (somewhere close that we can drive to - the down time exhaused our reserves) instead of wondering how long I could stretch my unemployment debit card.
It is so very nice to be busy, but I don't feel at all at ease yet. You will see what I mean when you start your new job. Like Chance in Homeward Bound (a classic movie I love), I don't want to get too comfortable lest the rug be pulled out from under me. I suppose that is a bit of my irrational insecurity again......or not.

anyway, my 50 year old carcass is beat. For a guy that used to play ball every night, I have really hit the skids.

so, best of luck to each of you. I hope you all land, and soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29