Tuesday, Feb 17 - so quiet

I am so used to no activity in the search, but it seems so quiet. I saw an article that employees of ACCO are taking a pay cut for the next few months. Better than layoffs, but I suppose that is the logical next step.
My project ends today, so I will have to stop at the unemployment office to see how to get that restarted.
I had gotten complacent over the last few weeks and relaxed my search. I saw a posting on Careerbuilder that I missed and had been posted for a few weeks. I applied online and called the company. The HR manager responed with an email to call. She was concerned that my salary expectations would be too high. But, at this point, I am willing to take what I can in order to stay busy, and engaged in a project. There is something to be said for having a role, and a place to hang your hat each day. So, I will call the company later and try to get a dialog going.
Beyond that, not much to report. I hope all is well with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29