Saturday Morning - doing the search before the chores start

Finally a thaw. In the weather, I mean. The job market is still frozen. I have to get my on line search work done early, then tackle the cleaning, running around, son's bball games. I have written this before, but I do enjoy the hectic nature of the weekend. That means the week has been too busy for those things. When I am off, there is no pile of laundry to do, no dishes in the sink - because I do them right away.
The improving weather, and the passage of the economic stimulus plan has improved my outlook. I suppose no one knows how the stimulus will affect the economy. One thing is for sure - the economy is so far down the toilet that it will take many stumuli (how's that for correct usage) to jump start it. Each month that a half million jobs are shed is such a reduction in consumer spending that will affect the economy for months to come. I am not one for excessive govt regulation, but if there ever was a case for it, the financial markets sure are. In the years leading up to this trainwreck, these guys walked away with tens of millions to reward themselves for their great work. All they were doing was pumping up the bubble a little more each day.

anyway, enough pontificating. I am still chasing leads and recruiters. Trying to network. Keeping a positive attitude. and soon, I know it will pay off. Remember, we are good people, we deserve good jobs - some organization will be lucky to hire us.

have a good Saturday all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29