Tuesday.

I play basketball on Monday nights, and on Tuesday I'm usually sore. I enjoy that feeling, because it reminds me I have done something other than job search. At this point, I have no basketball skills left, but I play with a good bunch of guys, and it takes my mind off my situation. One of the things that is really important is to be active, and get up and around during the day. Depression and frustration will easily find a stationary target. Use the downtime to get in better shape, lose weight, watch less tv, read more books. My wife always says if you are negative, negative things will find you. If you are positive, positive things will find you. By nature, I have never been a very positive person. However, my situation has had me cross paths with a lot of people, and overwhelmingly it is refresing to be around positive folks. so, if you feel youself getting down, call a friend, take a walk, talk to your dog. The search, and your attitude are constant works in progress that will respond proportionately to whatever you feed them - good or bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, Jan. 29

Friday, Oct. 21

Thursday, Dec. 29